Tuesday 28 June 2011

Started the mods!

It doesn't take long for the mod bug to start biting!  I'm resisting at the moment but there are a few no-brainer changes that were required.

Mats from www.ambassadorcarmats.co.uk
First thing was floor mats.  There were none in the car so I had a look in the local Halfords but they wanted £25 for some bog standard black mats!  I found a site who make custom mats and are very reasonably priced.  I designed some nice black mats with turquoise trim to match the car and Primera GT lettering.  I am really pleased with the result and for £35 they are very reasonable.

The next thing was music.  I am quite an audiophile but, again, I want to be careful not to go mad on spending.  In a previous car I had a huge system including twin 15" subs powered by a 1600W amp and high quality amped components all round!  Sounded great but cost over a grand excluding the head unit!
This time, I've just swapped out the standard stereo and front speakers for the JVC KD-AVX33 and Kenwood components as I already had these from a previous car.  It has made a world of difference to the sound quality and I think that with some decent rears and maybe a 12" active sub, that will do.
Of course there is still the planned CarPC based on an Android tablet, but that's also a way off yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment